Thursday, June 21, 2012

Basil Lemonade

Refreshing

refreshing |riˈfreSHiNG|adjectiveserving to refresh or reinvigorate someone: a refreshing drink | the morning air was so refreshing.


IMG_9234

Basil Lemonade 
1- First make your simple syrup: Take 1 cup of water, add 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup washed basil leaves with stems.  
Heat in a sauce pan to completely dissolve sugar.  
Cool completely and drain to remove the basil.  (Store leftover syrup in the refrigerator.)

2- Take a large glass and add some of your simple syrup (start with a few tablespoons, you can adjust later.)
Add as much fresh squeezed lemon juice as you like. 
Add fresh water and lots of ice.  Feel free to garnish with basil leaves or lemon slices.

Welcome to summer. Be refreshed.

6 comments:

  1. Home made lemonade is a sure sign of summer to me.
    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Refreshing, indeed. I'll be making this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! I've made basil lemonade before, but not with basil in the simple syrup. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this simple yet elegant and summery drink, thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reinvigorating--that's a word I was seeking!
    I really enjoy all the lemonade variations. Your basil recipe looks so good.
    Last week I tried green lemonade from a local vendor--made with cucumber water, lemon and lime simple syrup. It,too, was a great thirst quencher. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I miss this post? I think you have the right idea: basil and lemon with this heat make a wonderful summer chiller. I make limonata with verbena in much a similar way.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...